- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., 2014) Moot Court Board, Appellate Moot Court Chairman; The Sports Lawyer Journal
- Franklin and Marshall College (B.A. in History, 2009) John Marshall Pre-Law Honor Society
- District of Columbia, 2019
- Maryland, 2014
- New Jersey, 2016
- Pennsylvania, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Marcus Z. Shar of the Baltimore City Court, 8th Judicial Circuit.
Colin E. Burgess
Colin E. Burgess is an Associate in the Firm's Casualty Litigation Department and Construction Defect/Injury Litigation Practice Group. He represents clients in claims involving catastrophic and complex third-party workplace injuries occurring on multi-employer construction sites. His clients include contractors, sub-contractors and property owners, as well as multi-line insurance providers and third-party administrators (TPAs).
Mr. Burgess is also a member of the Firm's Worksite Accident Response ("WAR") Group, which is available to enrolled clients, and responds immediately via a 24/7/365 phone line to investigate workplace accidents.
His practice also includes cases involving toxic tort liabilty, including matters associated with lead paint exposure.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, Mr. Burgess served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Marcus Z. Shar of the Baltimore City Court, 8th Judicial Circuit. His experience includes preparing briefs, verdict sheets, and other materials for over 30 civil trials, including a complex products liability matter.