- George Washington University National Law Center (J.D., 1983)
- Yale University (B.A., 1979)
- District of Columbia
- Energy Bar Association (Past Chair of the Oil & Liquids Pipeline Regulation Committee and Past Chair of the Committees on Natural Gas Regulation and Oil Pipeline Regulation)
- American Gas Association (AGA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Christopher J. Barr
Christopher J. Barr is a Principal in the Firm's Energy & Utilities Practice Group. His practice focuses on the regulation of natural gas utility and oil pipeline companies and trade associations under the Natural Gas Act, Interstate Commerce Act, the Hazardous Liquids Pipeline Safety Act, the Federal Power Act and a variety of other federal statutes. His broad-based experience includes participation in business planning in light of federal regulations, planning and development of new services and facilities, rate cases, enforcement proceedings, declaratory order proceedings, rulemakings, certificate proceedings, as well as appellate proceedings.
Mr. Barr regularly appears before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). He played an important role in the development of market- based rates at FERC in the oil pipeline and natural gas pipeline contexts. He has successfully guided clients' proposals for innovative service and rate proposals through the FERC approval process, and has extensive experience in assisting in the pre-filing processes with the FERC's staff to ensure that the proposed projects and rate filings meet with FERC approval.