- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2012) Virginia Law Review; Order of the Coif
- Amherst College (B.A. in Classics, with Distinction, 2008) Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Tax Court, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2015
- American Bar Association: Criminal Justice Section, White Collar Crime Committee and Section of Taxation, Civil and Criminal Tax Penalties Committee
- Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Criminal Law Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- The Honorable Kenneth F. Ripple, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Carolyn H. Kendall
Carolyn H. Kendall is an Associate in the Firm's Internal Investigations &
White Collar Defense and Health Care Practice Groups. She conducts internal investigations and defends corporations, officers and other individuals facing criminal and civil investigation.
As part of her role within the Health Care practice, she works with numerous skilled nursing facilities to increase their understanding of the new Medicare Requirements of Participation and the current survey enforcement environment. She also assists with the evaluation and enhancement of facilities' compliance and ethics programs. Ms. Kendall also assists in the resolution of voluntary (section 201) and involuntary (section 302) commitment orders.
Ms. Kendall's work within the Internal Investigations & White Collar Defense Practice includes matters involving pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and financial companies, relating to potential criminal tax and money laundering violations, as well as allegations involving securities violations, mortgage and financial institution fraud, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law, and other fraud and regulatory statutes. She also assists clients in offshore account disclosure and compliance via IRS disclosure programs (OVDP and Streamlined Procedures).
Her practice also includes advising and defending clients in data and cybersecurity-related matters, and she is a member of the Firm's Information Privacy & Security Practice Group.
Ms. Kendall is the co-author of the 2014 Cumulative Supplement to the treatise titled Criminal Tax, Money Laundering, and Bank Secrecy Act Litigation (Bloomberg BNA 2010), a comprehensive analysis of the legal, strategic and pragmatic issues that can arise during every stage of such cases.