- Rutgers Law School - Camden (J.D., Dean's List, 2011) Articles Editor, Rutgers Law Journal; Philip J. Levin Memorial Scholarship; Rutgers University Merit Graduate Scholar Award; Judge Joseph H. Rodriguez Endowed Scholarship; Deborah Mallay Stoffer Scholarship
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A. in Political Science, 2007)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court
- The Honorable Anne McDonnell, Presiding Judge, Chancery, Superior Court of New Jersey, Gloucester County
- The Honorable Richard S. Hoffman, Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
Benjamin S. Teris
Benjamin S. Teris is an Associate in the Firm's Employment & Employee Relations, Wage and Hour, and Labor Practice Groups.He defends employers in state and federal courts in claims brought under every major employment statute at the trial and appellate level. He also counsels management and employers on compliance with state and federal employment statutes.
Mr. Teris' experience includes defending employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, and hostile work environment and retaliation under the ADA, Title VII, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, NJLAD, and CEPA, in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state administrative agencies. Mr. Teris also has experience representing public employers before the Public Employment Relations Commission and the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law.
Additionally, Mr. Teris has fully litigated multiple disputes before labor arbitrators. This includes the first successful removal of a tenured teacher for inefficiency under the TEACHNJ law.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, Mr. Teris was an Associate in the Labor & Employment practice of a regional law firm. His experience includes judicial clerkships with the Honorable Anne McDonnell, Presiding Judge, Chancery, Superior Court of New Jersey, Gloucester County and the Honorable Richard S. Hoffman, Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.