- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2011) Jessup Moot Court Honor Society; Associate Editor, Temple International and Comparative Law Journal; Class Senator, 2010-2011; Jewish Law Students Association; Brehon Society; Prima Facie Newspaper
- Haverford College (B.A. in Political Science and Spanish, 2008)
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
- Haverford College Lawyers Network
- Temple Law Alumni Association
- Haverford College Young Alumni Advisory Group
Benjamin L. Shechtman
Benjamin L. Shechtman is an Associate in the Firm's Employment & Employee Relations Practice Group. His practice focuses on counseling and representing employers in claims brought under every major employment statute, including Title VII, ADEA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, NLRB, and their state analogs. This includes conducting investigations, drafting pleadings, handling discovery and motion practice, as well as related employment collective and class action litigation. He also counsels employers regarding compliance with federal and state employment statutes, employee discipline, leaves of absence, and bonus payments.
Mr. Shechtman's experience includes litigation in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and nationwide. He has also handled a variety of administrative charges filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state agencies nationally, including fact-findings and drafting position statements in response to allegations of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. He has also assisted in labor arbitration hearings, and represented public utilities before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Pa. PUC) in consumer complaint cases, and researched compliance issues regarding the Pennsylvania Public Utility Law and its implementing regulations.
Mr. Shechtman was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Employment Litigation Defense in 2015, 2016, and 2017. The annual compilation recognizes the top attorneys in the Commonwealth who are 40 or younger or have been practicing for fewer than 10 years. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, Mr. Shechtman was an Associate with the Labor and Employment and Energy Practice Groups with an Am Law 200 law firm.