- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2015) International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award; Katie Elisabeth Westbrook Award; Louis L. Manderino Honor Society
- Duquesne University (B.S. in Finance, 2010)
- Conversationally fluent in Urdu/Hindi
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA)
- Allegheny County Bar Association(ACBA)
Asra Hashmi is an Associate in the Firm's Workers' Compensation Department and counsels employers, insurers, and third-party administrators (TPAs) in workers' compensation claims and defends them in associated proceedings throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Hashmi received both her J.D. and B.S. in Finance from Duquesne University. While in law school, she focused her studies on Civil Litigation and received several accolades and awards for her achievements in trial advocacy including the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award, the Katie Elisabeth Westbrook Award, and was named to the Louis L. Manderino Honor Society.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, Ms. Hashmi was an Associate at a regional defense law firm in their Workers’ Compensation Department. Her background also includes eight years of corporate experience, including human resources, business-to-business, and government transactions, while with a Fortune 50 wireless carrier.
Ms. Hashmi’s community involvement includes volunteering with the Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, and the National Kidney Foundation. She is also an alumnus of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the FBI Citizens Academy and serves as a mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Ms. Hashmi is an active member of the Allegheny County Bar Association where she is a member of the Committee for Diversity & Inclusion, Women in the Law Division, and serves as an elected member of the Young Lawyers Division Council.