- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2000) Appellate Moot Court Board; Woolsack Society
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., with Highest Distinction, 1995)
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania
Anthony D. Kanagy
Anthony D. Kanagy is a Principal in the Firm’s Energy & Utilities Practice Group. He provides counsel to electric, gas and water utilities on a broad range of regulatory issues. He has served as lead counsel and has significant experience in base rate, purchased gas cost, default service, smart meter, time-of-use, purchase of receivables and many other proceedings before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC). Mr. Kanagy has represented utility companies with a wide-variety of complaint issues involving complex litigation. In addition, Mr. Kanagy has represented regulated companies in obtaining approval to begin offering service to the public and to expand their service territories.
Mr. Kanagy advises clients on issues dealing with:
- Significant and complex rate matters,
- Default service, smart meter implementation and energy efficiency under Act 129 of 2008,
- Net metering under the Alternative Energy Portfolio Standards Act,
- General compliance with the Public Utility Code and the Pennsylvania PUC’s Regulations, and
- Deregulation under the Electricity Generation Customer Choice and Competition Act.
Mr. Kanagy has experience in related appellate court proceedings, including judicial review of regulatory agency decisions.
Mr. Kanagy also assists electric and gas utilities and oil pipeline companies in matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).